· By royce mitchell
Poached Cod + Red Pepper salad
SHOP THE SAUCE:
1 lb Cod, divided into 4 - 4 oz portions
1/4 cup Dry white wine
½ cup Ricante Pineapple Habanero Everything Sauce
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Crushed Black Peppercorns
½ tsp Turmeric
Roasted Red Pepper Salad:
4 each Red Bell Pepper
2 cloves Garlic
1 Tsp Kosher salt
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Lemon zest
1 tsp Parsley (minced)
- Roast Red peppers - Put on an oven safe pan and roast
peppers at 350 for at least 20 minutes. The skin should get
dark and puffy around peppers.
- Remove from oven and put in plastic zip lock bag or cover with plastic wrap on a plate for 10 minutes.
- Hold peppers under cold running water and remove skin, stem, and seeds. (Or, you can buy already roasted peppers)
- Cut Peppers into strips and mix in garlic, olive oil, salt,
lemon zest, and parsley. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Prepare Cod: Cut cod into 4 oz portions and salt
and pepper the top
- Prepare poaching liquid: In an oven safe dish with walls
to hold liquid mix wine, Ricante Pineapple Habanero
Everything Sauce, lemon juice, peppercorns, and turmeric.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Times may
vary depending on thickness of fish.
- Divide pepper salad onto 4 plates and place cod next to the salad. Spoon sauce from pan onto the fish. Add more Ricante Pineapple Habanero sauce if needed. Enjoy!